Thursday

My Mother, An Essay Written by an Older China Adoptee

Father and Mother are the greatest and the most holy career in the world. The children who have a father and mother must be the happiest children in the world. No matter if they are poor or rich, the parents are always ready, giving all their love to their children, no matter whether the children are their own or adopted.

I have a great mother. She adopted my sister, my brother and me from China. Even though three of the children are not her biological children, she gives all her love to these three Chinese children.

My mother is very beautiful. She has brown hair, and bright meaningful eyes. She has a big high nose. She is very tall and slim. My mother takes very good care of me in everyday. I have been eating Chinese food since I came to America because my mother worries I am not used to the food here. The Chinese food my mother makes is very tasty.

At night, I feel scared, so my mother sleeps with me. Whatever I want, my mother always buys them for me. Sometimes I feel I am asking too much, it is not right. But my mother always understands and comforts me all the time. When I saw some white hairs coming out from my mother’s beautiful hair, I felt very sad because she works too hard for us. So in the daily life, I wish I could do something to make my mother happy and try my best to help her. I am fully grateful to my mother. Here in America, I can really enjoy Mother’s love, which I have never had in my life.

I love my mother and love her big heart.

--YaLi Wahlstrom, WI

After being in the United States for about a month, YaLi was asked by her teacher in Madison, Wisconsin, to write an essay on “The most important person in your life”. Her essay was translated from Chinese to English.